You can follow my fuel consumption and/or start tracking your own usage at Fuelly.com.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
The little things.
A couple of months ago we decided to pull the trigger and replace my 10 year old Mitsubishi Mirage with 150,000 miles on it with a new VW Jetta TDI. Part of that decision was because of MPG. Today I had my 6th tank of fuel (5th fill up after the dealer) and my MPGs keep getting better. Apparently (and I'm not an expert), diesel engines like warmer climates and improve on efficiency as they are "broken in". The break in stage seems pretty long, but I should continue to see fuel efficiency improve through 15K miles (and maybe longer). The weather hasn't really been that much warmer lately (it was still 38 degrees F on my drive in this morning), so maybe the engine is starting to break in.
Labels:
jetta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment