After church we went to lunch at my favorite pizza spot. They have done a pretty good job catering to the GF diets. It doesn't quite taste like the true Monical's pizza but it is the best Gluten Free pizza I have had. Their famous red dressing is also GF, unfortunately the breadsticks are not.
Having Celiacs has definitely changed things in my life but I am truely grateful for all the restaurants and food producers that have made the extra effort to cater to the 3 million people with this disease. This March is when I learned that I had Celiacs and each trip to the grocery store is getting easier and easier with all the options I now have. My Mom and I visited Kankakee Natural Foods this weekend and it was amazing. All my favorites under one roof (and not outrageously expensive). Too bad something like this doesn't exist within an hour drive back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment